GO2 Personnel are looking for a Poultry Supervisor to work for one of our pregisous clients based in Wrexham.
The working hours are 6.30am – 4.30pm monday to friday with 1 hours provided for lunch.
The ideal canidate will be familar with the below:
- To ensure that all birds/meat carrying disease does not reach the consumer
- Ensuring the hygiene & GMP of the EV area
- To ensure that dressing is hygienic to avoid unnecessary contamination of birds/meat, as excessive contamination assists in transferring food poison germs to consumers
- Ensuring the team record disease levels in flocks, helping to improve broiler management
- Monitoring welfare by identifying injured birds during inspection, assisting in ensuring birds are reared, caught and transported in a welfare friendly way
- To lead by example with your team, working in a safe manner and promoting the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures
- Ensure the use of protective clothing and equipment provided for the EV area.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of Safety within the team. Both for H&S and Environmental concerns
- Lead the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure yourself & the team observe the Company personal hygiene requirements
- Report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Production manager including improvements & solutions.
- Ensure quality, hygiene and production standards are maintained in the production environment
- Ensure the team work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within the EV area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Management team in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line/area operations, in particular the achievement of line/area targets, employee attitudes and product quality & attend production & engineering meetings / forums as required.
- Liaise with the incoming/outgoing shift changeover to establish any problems with machinery, etc
- To control and provide effective organisation of the labour allocated to your line
- Ensure & manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency
- Ensure operatives are trained to line requirements with adequate absence and holiday cover
- To liaise with all departments to ensure effective production of the products promoting teamwork.
- Where relevant, to ensure yourself and the team adhere to Bird Welfare standards
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties as required by Management
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions & take action as required
- To carry out a reasonable amount of overtime or to work outside core hours to meet orders and demand of the business
- Any other duties as required
The rate of pay can be flexible for the right canidate, ranging from £22k – £25K.
The chose canaidate must have a willigness to learn and get an understanding of the Poultry industry.
If you think this might be a perfect role for you, please do not hesitate to apply or call 01492 588 888 for more info.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year